Wednesday, February 24, 2010

It marred her heart

(a shortstoryramblewriting)

I hate all that is today.
Most days I am fine.
Some days are so hard.

Most days I really try not to feel anything at all.
I don’t win.
Your memory wins over all.

Weeks later I still can’t even look at our photos.
Your photos.
Photos that reflect happy.

Regret?
Not really.
Well, perhaps.
I would press rewind.
Press delete.
To forget.
Never to remember.
To know.
Never to know.
What it’s like to miss you.

I try to forget your face
Your eyes
Your laugh.
Our touch.
Do I really even know you?

Please call, please write.
Please care.

I leave you be.
It is you that didn’t want to be with me.

I have given up most hope…
that perhaps one day soon,
you’ll realize that really,
I’m the one for you.

This is hard
This isn’t me.
It shouldn’t be.
You should be…
… mine.

This is easy for you.
Did you even care at all?
You didn't care enough.

I am the fool that fell for it all.
Blinded. Retarded.

Today, I am feeble, weak.
Today is the end...
Until tomorrow.
Another day to forget.

.12.23.08.

No comments:

Post a Comment