Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A day in the life of a fat girl...

A day (and week) in the life of a fat girl...

"I wish I could wear that shirt... It's too tight, no one wants to see that."
"... it's in your genes, it's going to be harder for you to lose weight." says my doctor. Super... Thanks family. I get my yearly check up, everything is great. Thyroid is good too.

"Maybe this is where your body wants to be..." says a friend. I don't accept that.

I am more active than anyone I know, but I'm one of the biggest. I eat healthier* than anyone I know, but I'm one of the bigger ones. (*healthier by my standards and research, not the bullshit Canadian/American Food Guide)

My fat is constantly on my mind, the constant insecurity of being in public... thanking the hoodie inventor daily for hiding my unpleasant bodyness. I avoid mirrors. I avoid cloth shopping. Online shopping is great. I avoid new people, I avoid a lot.

I'm to eat six times a day. "Speed up your metabolism." Okay. LOTSA’ fruits and veggies. The occasional veggie burger. Bowl of bran flax with almond milk.

A usual active week for Fally:
(NOTE: this isn’t “new” I’ve been at this for years, more determined in the last year though.)

Monday:
AM 60 min Spin class.
PM Yoga with a friend and/or 30 min run and/or 30 min on the bike and/or elliptical and/or weight training. (whatever I feel like doing for 60 min)

Tuesday:
AM up at 5:20 am to do 60 min of something at the gym.
PM Yoga class and dodgeball

Wednesday:
AM Spin class
PM Dodgeball

Thursday:
AM 60 min of something at the gym
PM Dodgeball

Friday:
AM 60 min. of something at the gym
PM might take the night off if there is nothing planned... 80% of the time I go to the gym, it’s not as busy on Fridays.

Saturday:
Go to the gym at some point or take day off if I plan on going Sunday. Or if I'm feeling extra fat I'll go both days.

Sunday:
See Saturday.

I'm trying.

"...well it must be what you are eating..." says most people. I am mostly vegan but I'm completely vegetarian. I eat healthy.

Plus side to all this... I haven't really been sick in over a year.

There you have it... A glimpse into the struggling life of a wanna be more comfortable in her body, chubby girl.

- Posted using BlogPress from Fally iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment