Friday, April 15, 2011

I wouldn't be Fally

I’m generally an emotional writer, meaning, I can only really write shit worth reading when I’m shitty. The following is another fine example.



I've always thought I had a lot of supportive people that surrounded me... but boy was I wrong! Who would have thought that doing what I want (that isn’t harmful to me or others) and doing what makes me happy could be so “wrong” in others eyes.

The MAIN one for today’s blog: Joining the Army Reserve.
People have been fighting me on my decision to join the Reserves since day one. Maybe I won’t be able to do it. Maybe I will fail. Maybe I won’t like it BUT I won’t know unless I try.


For many many years I didn’t do what I wanted because I let my life be influenced by others. It took me exactly 8 years to build up the nerve and enough “balls” to talk to the military, get my questions answered by a recruiter and follow through with what I wanted to do and how I wanted my life to play out.
I guess, when it’s all said and done, it’s a good thing I don’t seek other peoples approval on ways to live my own life because if I did, I wouldn’t have any tattoos, I would look like a fucking Barbie doll, I would dress in business attire every single fucking day. I would wear my hair down, always. I wouldn’t wear the eye makeup I wear. I wouldn’t lift weights or challenge myself to see where I could take my strength. I wouldn’t walk, I wouldn’t run, I wouldn’t always smile, I wouldn’t not smile... basically, I wouldn’t be Fally.

No comments:

Post a Comment